- A circuit breaker can appear to be ON but really be tripped
- One lightning bolt has enough electricity to service 200,000 homes.
- Switching to the best technologies available today would save at least 40% of residential electricity consumption in most appliance categories.
- Standby power accounts for 10% of residential energy use.
In other words, devices doing nothing add 10% to the average electricity bill.
- Lights consume about 20% of all the energy used in the United States.
- Businesses and organizations that are leaders in energy efficiency use about 30 percent less energy than their competitors.
- $1 Invested in Efficient Lighting Can Pay Back up to $6 in Energy Savings
- Installing Dimmers Could Save More Energy Than Changing Bulbs